Students will find a very warm welcome at Trinity Church York. As a church committed to bringing all sorts of people together to know, love and worship God, we hope you'll become part of a family of people from all stages of life, serving and knowing God together.
At the same time, we recognise that University life gives an opportunity like no other to get really well-grounded in understanding Jesus, the Bible and what it means to be a Christian. So a lot of what we do is geared to give students the chance to do just that.
- Our Sunday Services are the main event. Worship is what God has made and saved us as Christians to do! It is our greatest joy and highest privilege to gather together to meet God, hearing him and praising him for his goodness and grace. We meet to worship God together as God's family every Sunday morning at 10am and then again in the evening at 6pm. This includes hearing God’s word through the reading and preaching of the Bible, singing, praying, baptism, and the Lord’s Supper. We hope you’ll feel a warm welcome whatever you believe, and whether it’s your first visit or fiftieth!
- To help you find us we run walking buses from both York St. John and the University of York campuses for the first few weeks of term. If you would like to join in, just ask. We will also be hosting student lunches to give you a chance to meet some families and older students. Just come along on a Sunday morning.
- ‘Thinking Like a Christian' is our weekly interactive Bible Study and teaching session, at 4:30pm on Sundays in university terms. The aim is to help each other learn how to think and live in a thoroughly Christian way. We take our cue from Romans 12:2, ‘Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind’. We will spend time thinking about things like the Lord’s prayer, the Ten Commandments, and some of the Bible’s big ideas. We will also look at church history, how to read the Bible for ourselves and lots of time for questions! We would love you to join us.
- Student Link connects you to a family or household of older Christians to get to know during your time in York.
- We also run a variety of Bible Studies and other opportunities to grow as a Christian and to invite others to hear the gospel too.
If you have any questions, or want more information, get in touch.