After what has seemed to be an endless lockdown, students will find a very warm welcome at Trinity Church York. As a church committed to bringing all sorts of people together to know, love and worship God, students will find here a wonderful family of people from all stages of life to get to know and to serve God alongside.
At the same time, we recognise that University life gives an opportunity like no other to get really well-grounded in understanding Jesus, the Bible and what it means to be a Christian. So a lot of what we do is geared to give students the chance to do just that.
- Our Sunday Morning Services are the main event. Worship is what God has made and saved us as Christians to do! It is our greatest joy and highest privilege to gather together to meet God, hearing him and praising him for his goodness and grace. We meet to worship God together as God's family every Sunday morning at 10am and then again in the evening at 6pm. This includes hearing God’s word through the reading and preaching of the Bible, singing, praying, baptism, and the Lord’s Supper. We hope you’ll feel a warm welcome whatever you believe, and whether it’s your first visit or fiftieth!
- To help you find us we run walking buses from both York St. John and the University of York campuses for the first few weeks of term. If you would like to join contact Adam Wilson. We will also be hosting student lunches to give you a chance to meet some families and older students. You can sign up on Sunday!
- ‘Thinking Like a Christian' is our weekly interactive Bible Study and teaching session. The aim is to help each other learn how to think and live in a thoroughly Christian way. We take our cue from Romans 12:2, ‘Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind’. We want to have our minds renewed to think as Christ thinks, rather than as the world around us thinks. We will spend time thinking about things like the Lord’s prayer, the Ten Commandments, and some of the Bible’s big ideas. We will also look at church history, how to read the Bible for ourselves and lots of time for questions! We would love you to join us.
- Principles for Christian Studenting, Living, and Adulting… are our 3 Wednesday evening series specifically designed to help students navigate the joys and difficulties of uni life. Each year group gets one term a year to have dinner together and discuss being a disciple of Jesus at university and beyond. We look at everything from studying to dating, from drinking to culture, and from church to FOMO! Make sure you get your seat at the table!
- we run a girls and a boys Bible Study at St. Anthony's hall. Not only is it a great opportunity to read the Bible with other Christians, but it is a chance to learn how to grow in reading the Bible for yourself!